DIEGO DI BERNARDO
PIER LUCA MAFFETTONE
PAOLO A. NETTI
||Sergio Caserta is Associate Professor at the University of Naples Federico II, where he graduated in Chemical Engineering in 2001 and received his PhD in Chemical Engineering in 2004, working on experimental investigation of flow induced microstructure of complex fluids. In 2001 he worked at P&G technical center in Newcastle upon Tyne (U.K.). During his PhD he visited Nagoya University (Japan) in 2002, working on numerical simulation of macromolecules in flow. In 2004 he worked at UC Irvine (U.S.) on mathematical modeling of Cancer growth and invasion.
Research activity of Sergio Caserta is focused on transport phenomena in microstructured systems, with applications including flow of complex fluids, drug delivery systems, and dynamic evolution of living tissues, with specific focus on cancer growth and invasion, and tissue reparation.
Sergio Caserta is member of several scientific societies, member of the management committee of the Associazione Italiana di Reologia SIR. He is editor of Panta Rei, and active as reviewer for several international journals and research grants in the fields of Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering and Biotechnology. He is author of numerous scientific publications, and 4 patents.
||Link to the unina.it website
- R. Liuzzi, A. Carciati, S. Guido, S. Caserta, “Transport Efficiency in Transdermal Drug Delivery. What is the Role of Fluid Microstructure?”, Colloids and Surfaces B-Biointerfaces 139, pp. 294-305, DOI: 10.1016/j.colsurfb.2015.11.064, 2016.
- G. Tomaiuolo, A. Carciati, S. Caserta, S. Guido, “Blood linear viscoelasticity by small amplitude oscillatory flow”, Rheologica Acta 55: 485 – 495, DOI: 10.1007/s00397-015-0894-3, 2016.
- S. Caserta, S. Campello, G. Tomaiuolo, L. Sabetta, S. Guido, “A methodology to study chemotaxis in 3D collagen gels”, AIChE Journal 59 (11) pages 4025-4035, DOI 10.1002/aic.14164, 2013.
- A. Vasaturo, S. Caserta, I. Russo, V. Preziosi, C. Ciacci, S. Guido “A novel chemotaxis assay in 3D collagen gels by time-lapse microscopy”, PLOS ONE, 7(12): e52251, DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0052251, 2012.
- 5. V. Cristini, H. B. Frieboes, R. Gatemby, S. Caserta, M. Ferrari, J. Sinek. “Morphologic instability and cancer invasion” Clinical Cancer Research 11 (19), pp. 6772 – 6779, DOI: 0.1158/1078-0432.CCR-05-0852, 2005.